• It offers real independence as you plan and take part in your own personal challenges.
• It is seen by leading Irish organizations as a strong asset for prospective employees.
• The award offers an unforgettable experience that’s directed by you alone
Why should I bother?
• Because the sky is the limit on what you can do or take part in
• Because the award offers you the chance to choose a different track
• Because we offer you adventure beyond the confines of your bedroom
• Because as many as 10,000 people participate every year
• Because it’s an unforgettable experience, great fun and you’ll meet lots of new friends
Our experienced instructors will facilitate your Gaisce Award Expedition and Pre Expedition preparation.
• Learn Navigation
• First Aid & Safety
• Personal & Group gear
• Canoe Skills / Hillwalking Skills
• Full information packs provided
THE MOUNTAIN HIKE
• Routes in the Mournes, Cooleys, Sliabh Beagh & Cuilcaigh Mountains
Bronze & Silver Award distances over open country
• Hiking with full pack, camping overnight Optional
• Paddle along the Dromore River System
• Camp on the shore bank
• Enjoy the breathtaking scenery and unique wildlife
It is a GAISCE requirement that groups and individuals acquire the relevant skills and training before undertaking their expedition.
At Tanagh we recommend a minimum of three full days pre-expedition training including practice hikes and canoe trips .
Minimum number of participants 16.
Download Gaisce brochure
For more information contact Philomena on 049-5552988
For full information on the GAISCE AWARD click www.gaisce.ie