Leave No Trace Ireland strives to educate all those who enjoy the outdoors, about the nature of their recreational impacts, as well as techniques to prevent and minimize such impacts. Leave No Trace is best understood as an educational and ethical programme, not as a set of rules and regulations.
The Seven Principles of Leave No Trace
1. Plan Ahead & Prepare
2. Be Considerate of Others
3. Respect Farm Animals and Wildlife
4. Travel and Camp on durable ground
5. Leave What you Find
6. Dispose of Waste Properly
7. Minimise the Effects of Fire
All of our core Instructing staff at Tanagh OETC are Leave No Trace Trainers and running Leave No Trace Courses and implementing Leave No Trace skills into their everyday outdoor activities. We also have an Advance Leave no Trace Trainer on our instructing team.
If you have a group of people, organisation who would like to complete an awareness session or become a Trainer please contact Philomena on 049-5552988.
For more information on Leave No Trace click here
“We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry”
To this end we are committed to taking the following action;
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire business
- To provide sufficient resources to enable this policy to be implemented
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our Objectives, Targets and Planned Actions
- To comply fully with all relevant environmental legislation
- To minimise our waste, reduce our water consumption and reduce our energy consumption where possible
- To Reduce, Reuse, Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
Tanagh OETC has been awarded the Green Hospitality Eco-Label Award. Our thanks to Nial O'Connor in Monagan County Council Environment section who has supported and helped us to achive this award.